When we say “nutrition,” we don’t mean diet.
Eating clean and healthy doesn’t have to be boring broccoli and chicken. Incorporate some new foods into your diet to switch things up and keep them fresh!
These are some of the world’s HEALTHIEST foods with different unique benefits.
– LEMON / LIMES
contain vitamin C, B6, potassium, folate, and flavonoids…
– SWEET POTATOES
Vitamin A, C, B6, manganese, copper, and pantothenic acid.
It has potent medicinal properties
Folate, vitamin A, iron, potassium, calcium, zinc, & selenium.
Calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium & zinc.
Treats nausea and reduces muscle pain & soreness.
Multiple B vitamins help ease feelings of anxiety
It helps fight cancer, improves heart health, lowers blood sugar levels, healthy digestion, and maintains bone health.
Vitamins C, A, & K, B6, fiber, manganese, riboflavin, copper, protein, thiamin, niacin, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium.
– BLACK CHERRY
It is suitable for heart health, is antioxidant in nature, treats gouts, reduces inflammation, and has potassium.
It is a powerful medicinal herb and anti-inflammatory in nature. Turmeric dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body.
Reduces eye disease & infections and is anti-Inflammatory.
Vitamin C, good for digestion, anti-inflammatory, arthritis, antioxidants
20 essential health-boosting nutrients, fiber, vitamins E, B-& folic acid.
Help convert the LDL “bad” cholesterol into good cholesterols.
Vitamins K, and C & are also a source of folate, potassium & fiber.
Antioxidants & anti-inflammatory. Slows effects of aging.
Reduce DNA damage and helps protect against aging & cancer.
It prevents diabetes & genetic disorders and improves digestion and heart health. Boosts protein and antioxidant properties and strengthens bones.
– PUMPKIN SEEDS
Contain magnesium & manganese to copper, protein & zinc.
– HEMP SEEDS
Vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron & zin
– CHIA SEEDS
Omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, provide fiber, iron, & calcium.
High in fiber, magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphor
By definition, nutrition means nourishment.
Self-care, by another name, is nourishment.
In the end, it’s all the same, but how we go about doing so can make a big difference in our health and well-being. You’ve only got one life.
What, when, and how you eat determines how you show up for that life.
Here are a few ways to ensure your nutrition is an act of self-care rather than self-punishment.
Creating an environment free of distractions and clutter can promote a more peaceful and mindful mealtime. Taking your time over meals helps you digest your food better.
When trying to create more balance in your life, look no further than your plate. You are what you eat and what you eat has the power to determine your reactions to the world around you. When looking to balance your life, start by trying to balance your meals with all the food groups. Different foods have different properties and do other jobs in the body. Some provide energy, some boost mood, and some help regulate sleep.
Eat often whenever you are hungry. This helps stabilize blood sugar levels throughout the day, making you feel more energized and even-keeled. Eating should not be just another item on your to-do list.
Cooking food is part of self-care.
Putting yourself first by taking the time to provide yourself with a balanced and nourishing meal is the ultimate form of self-advocacy.
Keep your nutrition journey simple and sustainable!
Start taking control of your health by implementing a few simple yet effective changes in your life.
Check out our Top 5 Practices below when it comes to starting on your nutritional journey!
- CUT OUT DISTRACTIONSJust Eat. No cellphone, no text messages. No newspaper, no iPad. No multitasking. Give all your attention to your food. Distractions keep us from enjoying the taste of the food. When we focus on the food, we tend to appreciate the quality of the food and the style in which the food is prepared.
- SIT AT THE TABLESit at the table to avoid all technology distractions. Pause for a minute or two before you begin eating to contemplate everything and everyone it took to bring the meal to your table.
- TAKE YOUR TIMETaste every bite. Chew slowly. Inhale aromas. Observe the simple beauty of each item you are eating. Enjoy. Eating slowly helps proper digestion of food and avoids overeating with the feeling of fullness.
- KNOW WHAT YOU ARE EATINGKeeping track of what you consume helps you maintain calories and a quality diet. A balanced diet of healthy food options (protein, carbs, fats) will help you lose weight and give you the energy you need to function throughout the day properly.
- DRINK LOTS OF WATERDrinking water is one of the most crucial fundamental health practices with countless benefits. Increased water promotes weight loss, flushes out toxins, improves skin complexion, and maintains overall regularity and digestion.
Lead with effective changes as change starts with you.
Follow us to know more about Health and Fitness Tips!
For more Nutrition-related blogs, click here
You can also check out more such nutritional videos FNS Nutrition.