Asparagus, Scallion and Red Pepper Frittata
When spring comes, asparagus is an obvious choice. The Frittata can be with any of your favorite vegetables. The spears show the beautiful effect in this easy breakfast frittata that’s a good protein source and is low in calories.
Prep time: 15 mins / Cook time: 35 mins / Portions: 6
Calories per Serving: 96 Cals
- Protein: 11g
- Carbs: 5g
- Fat: 4g
- 12 medium spears asparagus
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (50g) chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (150g) 0% plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Prepare a 9-inch (23cm) deep pie pan by spraying lightly with oil.
- Trim 3-inch lengths from the tips of the asparagus. Chop the remaining tender parts of the asparagus stems into 1/2-inch pieces and reserve.
- Spread the olive oil in a large sauté pan and place over medium-high heat. Add the chopped pepper, scallions, and asparagus stems (not tips) and sauté for about 2 minutes. When the pepper is soft, add the thyme and stir for a few more seconds. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, eggs, and egg whites until smooth. Stir in the cooled vegetables and transfer to the prepared pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Smooth the top, sprinkle on the asparagus tips, and bake for 35 minutes until puffed in the center.
- Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes before cutting into six wedges and serving. Leftovers keep for four days, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator.
Check out the FNS ONLINE Training Center for your Daily Inspiration, Focus, Nutrition, and Workouts of the Day by clicking on the link
For more Nutrition related blogs, click here https://fns360.com/category/nutrition/