Ever wondered why everybody, especially your mom asks you to eat all the veggies on your plate? No matter where you go, you will always find vegetables around you -be it a grocery store or a mall or fast-food counter.
Veggies or vegetables are so versatile that it can be devoured by human beings raw, steamed or even cooked.
From providing our body with all those essential vitamins and nutrients to reducing the risk of diseases from neurological dysfunctional to cancer, vegetables play a significant role in our lives.
But you cannot have one single vegetable on your plate and say that you have the efficient nutrients, you need at least 9 different families of vegetables every day.
Reasons to indulge more veggies in meal plate:
1) Reduces the risk of chronic diseases- Vitamins like A, C, K, calcium, and fiber boosts good cholesterol (HDL) level and decreases bad cholesterol (LDL) level. Including vegetables lowers the impact of cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, and metabolic syndrome.
2) Gives you a healthy skin- Vegetables like pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot, bitter guard, and beetroot are rich in antioxidants, essential vitamins and nutrients that makes your skin glow and gives you a better health.
3) Veggies are low in calories and high in fiber- Salad with a variety of vegetables make a balanced meal that can be consumed during any point of time.
4) Improves your gut performance- Leafy vegetables like spinach and kale detoxify your liver and kidney by removing toxins and other harmful substances.
5) Help you maintain a better, healthy lifestyle- Vegetable is rich in fiber, has low calories, is rich in vitamins and nutrients, helps your tissues to grow and repair and most importantly reduces the risk of many chronic diseases including cancer.
List of vegetables to eat daily:
Carrot – Improves eyesight, reduces the risk of lung cancer.
Broccoli – Rich in manganese, potassium, folate, vitamin K and C.
Spinach – One of the best leafy vegetables, is full of antioxidants and helps to reduce blood pressure.
Onions – Comes with a package including vitamin C, vitamin B-6 and manganese. It contains sulfur compounds that helps to prevent cancer.
Garlic- lowers cholesterol levels, improves blood-sugar control and diabetes.
Tomatoes – Rich in potassium and vitamin C, gives you a healthy eyesight.
Beetroot – Power packed with fiber, folate, nitrates, and manganese which decreases the risk of heart diseases and blood pressure. Gives you a glowing skin.
There are so many vegetables that you can add to your daily delicious and stomach-pack meals. There is barely any need to consume fast food because they are good in taste. You can create a variety of dishes which is delicious to taste and even give your body ample number of vitamins and nutrients. Make sure to include different families of veggies to make a balanced diet.
Check out the link for more recovery blogs:
You can also check out more such recovery videos